- Gene silencing experiments
- RNA research, e.g., epigenetics
- Protein interaction studies
Torpedo siRNA Transfection Reagent is specially designed for the transfection of small RNA (siRNA & miRNA) into mammalian cells. Lipid based transfection reagents often interact with plastic surfaces and therefore affect transfection efficiency and cell viability. ibidi’s Torpedo siRNA reagent has been specifically optimized for use with ibidi’s plastic materials. This results in a reagent with very low cytotoxicity as well as high transfection efficiencies.
- ≥ 90% silencing efficiency for transient knockdown of mammalian gene expression
- Low siRNA concentration (1 nM) sufficient
- Reagent compatible with serum
|Composition||Proprietary lipids in water|
|Assays||Up to 1500 (96-well), or up to 375 (24-well)
with 1.5 ml reagent
Knockdown of EGFP Expression after Transfection with Torpedo siRNA
Cells – stably expressing EGFP – were seeded on a µ-Plate 24 well and transfected with siRNA against EGFP or non-specific, control siRNA using Torpedo siRNA. They were imaged after 24, 48, and 72 hours showing a knockdown of EGFP expression.
Reverse siRNA Transfection Protocol for µ-Plate 24 Well: