A chambered coverslip with 18 wells for cell culture, immunofluorescence, and high-end microscopy.
The µ-Slide 18 Well is a versatile live cell imaging chamber slide, suitable for a range of imaging applications. The split chamber design allows for cost effective experiments with small cell numbers and low reagent volume. Combined with the ibidi #1.5 polymer coverslip bottom, this slide gives the highest optical quality for high resolution fluorescence microscopy.
- Cultivation and high-resolution microscopy of cells
- Immunofluorescence staining and fluorescence microscopy of living and fixed cells
- Live cell imaging over extended time periods
- Transfection assays
- Differential interference contrast (DIC) microscopy when used with a DIC lid
- Chambered coverslip with 18 independent wells and a non-removable polymer coverslip-bottom
- ibiTreat (tissue culture-treated) surface for optimal cell adhesion
- Imaging chamber slide with excellent optical quality for high-end microscopy
- Closely fitting lid for low evaporation
- Individual well walls for minimizing well-to-well crosstalk and contaminations
- Compatible with staining and fixation solutions
- Biocompatible plastic material—no glue, no leaking
- Also available as an adhesive version without a bottom: sticky-Slide 18 Well
- Also available with a Glass Coverslip Bottom: µ-Slide 18 Well Glass Bottom for special microscopic applications
Principles of the µ-Slide 18 Well
The Coverslip Bottom
The µ-Slide 18 Well comes with a thin ibidi Polymer Coverslip Bottom that has the highest optical quality (comparable to glass) and is ideally suitable for high-resolution microscopy. It is also available as a sticky-Slide 18 Well without any bottom, or and as the µ-Slide 18 Well Glass Bottom for special microscopic applications.
The ibiTreat Surface
ibiTreat (tissue culture-treated) is our most recommended surface modification, because almost all adherent cells grow well on it without the need for any additional coating.