Our Stainless Steel Microvials have the same outer dimensions and weight as standard 2 ml microvials. They can be sealed with either polyethylene flange caps, silicone rubber stopper caps or crimped septa caps.
- Dry grinding in a Bead mill (MiniBeadbeater) where milling forces in common plastic microvials are too severe 2.
- Achieving far superior heat transfer compared to plastic or glass vessels – as might be required for PCR methods.
- Superior temperature control of samples in microvials during beadbeating.
- Milling or beadbeating of non-biological samples where contamination with polypropylene particles abraded from a microvial must be avoided.
1. NOTE! Special Silicone Rubber Caps should be ordered when beadbeating dry or hard frozen samples using steel beads in Stainless Steel Microvials. Scroll down for more information on Silicone Rubber Caps.
2. An important exception is the performance of our 2 ml XXTuff polypropylene microvial. It is the toughest polypropylene vial available and can be used for most dry milling applications.