3D CoSeedis™ Chip200 or Chip880, a 3-dimensional (3D) agarose-based co-culture system from abc biopply can be used in standard cell culture plates (6-well plates, see below). The system enables easy and economic seeding, cultivation and evaluation of 3D cell aggregates. The system is intended for research only.
The agarose matrix forms a framework of conically shaped cavities and is seeded with cells in suspension. Since agarose repels and prevents cells adhesion, they sediment to the bottom of each cavity where they form hundreds of aggregates per chip.
There are two different 6-well plate frameworks available: (1) 3D CoSeedis™ Chip200 for 200 3D cultures, (2) 3D CoSeedis™ Chip880 for 880 3D cultures. In addition, abc biopply offers a third 24-well plate framework for 680 3D cultures.
Agarose is permeable to gases, nutrients and metabolites. Feeding of the cells therefore happens mainly via diffusion. Similarly, cytokines, dyes and other small molecules can easily diffuse through the matrix.
Depending on the type of experiment, different cell types can be seeded and cultured in the cavities of the chip. Furthermore, it is possible to co-culture the cells in the chip with underlying adherent feeder cells or particles (arrow). Those may provide growth and other factors (via diffusion) while being physically separated from the cells in the chip.
The chips are provided in 1xPBS w/o Ca2+/Mg2+
- 6-well plates with a well diameter of at least 34 mm
- Note: the following plates show the appropriate dimensions and are suitable for 3D CoSeedis™: Corning® Costar®, Falcon®, greiner bio-one CELLSTAR®, Nest®.
- Spatula for 3D CoSeedis™ C200/C880, sterile (P/N: ABC-SPT-V1117)
- Cell strainer (pore size 40 µm)
- Hemocytometer or alternative cell counting device
- Vacuum suctions device and fitting pipettes
- Serological pipettes and according pipetting device
- Cell culture growth medium incl. supplements Note: we recommend 2.5% serum for 3D cultures. Higher concentrations for clonal growth only
- Centrifuge for microtiter plates
- Analysis tool for cell seeding and volumetric analysis (free download at: https://biopply.com/support/analysis-tool)