The BeadBeater disrupts microorganisms, single-cell preparations and pulverized plant and animal tissue with better than 95 percent efficiency. Up to 80 grams (wet weight) of cells can be processed in a typical three minute run. Relying on a unique crushing or cracking action rather than high the shear forces found with a French Press or sonicator, a Teflon impeller rotating at high speed forces thousands of minute glass* beads to violently collide in a special clover-leaf shaped vessel. Cells are disrupted quickly, efficiently and safely in the sealed system. The apparatus is easy to clean, has a small footprint, requires no auxiliary supplies or equipment and is essentially maintenance free. Beads settle out in seconds and are reusable.
* Note: Glass beads and zirconia-silica beads having diameters of 0.1 mm, 0.5 mm and 1 mm are prefered grinding media. Larger beads and heavier beads such as steel beads cannot be adequately agitated.
- Ideal for isolating proteins, enzymes and intact intracellular organelles
- Powerful, high speed motor. Only durable, non-toxic components contact the product
- Designed for batches up to 80 g (wet wt.) in 200 ml of medium
- Highly efficient disruption in shortest times possible
- Sample cooling during homogenization is simple and efficient
- Homogenizer clean-up and mantinance is uncomplicated and easy
- Homogenizing chamber made of shatter-proof polycarbonate, 350 ml total volume, 200 ml working
- Rotor machined from solid Teflon
- 15,800 rpm, 3/8 HP single speed motor
- 6 inch dia. footprint X 12 inch high, shipping wt. 11 lbs