Aerosol and bio-safety for operator and contained flow cytometry systems in a range of enclosure sizes.
LAFC enclosure has been designed as a development of the LA Range LABS and LAC2 enclosures, following years of practical experience and customer feedback.
LAFC enclosures provide down flow sterile air to the work surface preventing contaminants from entering the enclosure when in operation and ensuring protection of the contained samples/process.
Access to the enclosure interior during operation can be gained through the three lower sliding windows within the lower door (access 300mm high). Operator protection is provided by high velocity air (minimum 0.4m/s) passing into the enclosure through this lower door and side windows to provide operator protection from hazardous aerosols. This laboratory air flows into the enclosure and into a profiled grille around the enclosure’s work surface.
Main doors; operator protection is maintained with two sliding windows open. Side doors/panels; operator and product protection maintained for access through side panels.
This enclosure’s air flow system is 100% pass through.
|Model||Dimensions External WxDxH||Dimensions Internal WxDxH|
2200 x 1300 x 2644 mm (nominal 86.5″x51″x104″)
2120 x 1100 x 1144 mm (nominal 83.5″x43.5″x45″)
- All-round visibility of enclosed system.
- Compact enclosure.
- Ergonomic design and comfortable for user, with access to four sides of the robotic platform.
- Facility for underbench wet cart for liquid supplies.
- Tubing, cable and utilities ports and glands.
- Operator protection is a paramount function for the LAFC model with automatic fan speed control maintaining a minimum face velocity thus complying with worldwide recognised standards.
- Programmable control system – displays enclosure status and controls airflow system balance, hour counter.
- Audible and visual alarm indication of low airflow and door open warning.
Options and extras available for including in your LAFC Enclosure
- Underbench filtration to right or left hand side.
- Storage drawer facility for chiller unit.
- Localised extraction of aerosols.
- UV sterilisation lamps.
- Fumigation facility.
- Monitor and keyboard shelf on jointed/flexible arm.
Downflow air flow HEPA filtration (H14 Standard).
Exhaust air HEPA filtration (H14 Standard) eliminates particles 0.3µm or larger to an efficiency of 99.995%.
Enclosure general construction
Epoxy coated, steel doors, fitted with neoprene seals.
Clear acrylic, 8mm panels fitted to UHMW triple tracking.
Lab grade, HPL 16mm composite laminate work surface.