Bigneat manufactures and installs LAOP enclosures for protection of the operator from moving automated equipment and potentially hazardous fumes and particulates released from the enclosed process.
LAOP’s high performance airflow system draws air through the HEPA and/or Chemcap carbon filtration system mounted in the roof of the enclosure. The enclosure is maintained at a slightly negative pressure with air entering the enclosure through slots at low level (>0.4m/s) and this protects the operators from aerosols and/or vapours such as solvents and DMSO released from the process. Used air is exhausted via outlet/exhaust filters back to the laboratory.
Access to the enclosure interior during operation can be gained through full height sliding or hinged doors allowing for access to the robotics system inside the enclosure during use, loading and maintenance.
A control panel provides audible and visual alarm indication of low airflow.
Interlocking upper and lower main access doors are locked down with ‘T’ handles during operation.
This enclosure’s air flow is 100% pass through system, air in and air out.
|Model||Dimensions external WxDxH|
1500 x 1180 x 2400 mm (nominal 59″ x 46.5″ x 94.5″)
1800 x 1180 x 2400 mm (nominal 71″ x 46.5″ x 94.5″)
2200 x 1180 x 2400 mm (nominal 86.5″ x 46.5″ x 94.5″)
2600 x 1180 x 2400 mm (nominal 102″ x 46.5″ x 94.5″)
3200 x 1180 x 2400 mm (nominal 126″ x 46.5″ x 94.5″)
- Provides operator protection with doors closed and/or with doors open.
- Excellent all-round visibility of the enclosed system.
- Audible and visual alarm indication of low airflow.
- Door open warning alarm.
- Display/lighting beacons show status of enclosed robotic system.
- Pre-filters remove particles <5 micron, whilst the Class H14 HEPA filters remove particles <0.3 micron.
- Chemcap carbon filtration, available as an option, removes fumes and vapours with an efficiency of 99.9% for the duration of the filter life, with no deterioration in filter performance.