Thistle Scientific Ltd believes that community investment helps create real social impact as well as business benefits. As a company Thistle Scientific Ltd operates an effective, mutually beneficial community investment programme, underpinned by our key principles.
- identify social issues that are relevant to our business and most pressing to the communities we work with. We work in partnership with our communities leveraging our combined expertise for mutual benefit.
- Plan and manage our community investment using the most appropriate resources to deliver against our targets. We inspire and engage with our employees, customers and suppliers to support our community programmes.
- Measure and evaluate the difference that our investment has in the community and on our business, striving for continual improvement, stimulating local economy and creating jobs that are essential to vibrant communities
- Reduce the impact of unemployment, particularly on young people and adults who are excluded from society and address skills shortages so the business can be competitive
- Tackle inequality in recruitment, by supporting gender neutral pay and promotion opportunities for all social groups irrespective of ethnicity &/or disability
- Create healthier, happier and more productive employees
- Cut dependency on diminishing natural resources and commit to a programme of recycling.
Example; Thistle Scientific Ltd supports the Modern Apprenticeship Programme and has employed staff through the scheme. Over the years the company has also engaged with Scottish Enterprise, supporting several paid internship programs providing work experience. In 2016 we engaged a student internship from Stirling University who when she returned to her studies was employed part-time to with duties to fit around her schedule